Inclined Slide #1
- Conceived August 2019
- Onto my workbench 14 August 2019
- 12 October 2019: Mockups are successful. The actual marble lift has been created. I am now working on the lift drive mechanism.
- Here is a link to the Inclined Slide #1 Project Sheet
Big Screw #1
- Conceived September 2019.
- This automata is part of the Jim’s Gym series.
- Big Screw #1 will be started when Inclined Slide #1 is completed.
- The Big Screw #1 Project Sheet is here.
Big Wheel Lift #1
- Conceived August 2018
- Onto my workbench December 2018
- Completed 8 July 2019 and available for commission. $4000.
- View YouTube video here.
- This Big Wheel Lift #1 is the prototype for future Big Wheel Lifts. It is in my wife’s personal collection and is not for sale.
- This automata is motorized, in addition to being hand crankable.
- Here is a link to the Big Wheel Lift #1 Project Sheet.
- The Big Wheel Lift #1 Detail Sheet is here.
Scissor Lift #2
- Created between August 2018 and August 2019.
- Hand cranked. No motor available.
- Scissor Lift #2 is in stock and available for purchase. $1500.
- The Scissor Lift #2 Project Sheet is here .
Scissor Lift #1
- Created between Feb-July 2018.
- Hand Cranked. No motor.
- This Scissor Lift #1 is the prototype for the Scissor Lift series of automata.
- Not for Sale. In my wifes personal collection.
- Here is a link to the Scissor Lift #1 Project Sheet
A Sunday Drive
- Into the trash 28 August 2019.
- Conceived in 2017.
- Onto my workbench March 2019. Off my workbench August 2019.
- This automata is a 1/1 and will be for sale, perhaps by the end of 2019.
- This automata will be motor driven.
- Here is a link to the A Sunday Drive Project Sheet.
Misty, a 20 Pipe Street Organ
- Hand built by Jim to a John Smith design.
- Completed in the last quarter of 2016.
- As of 3/20/2019 Misty has had her handle cranked more than 1,000,000 times.
- Monte the Monkey was an important addition to the organ, and a reason that Jim has begun creating automata.