17 January 2020, 4 Motions are Linked


First let me report that my brother came through open heart surgery with flying colors…what an era we live in!

There are six cams in the campak.  Of those six four have been connected to their components…and all is well.

Remaining to connect are the two motions that will utilize the ‘pulse’.  I think I know how I’m going to do it…now I just need to build what is in my mind.

It’s at this stage of the project that things are coming together and that more ideas start flowing into the mind.  Some of these new ideas are valid and I will take action.  Others are just part of the creation process noise.

I’ve been reading a blog about a 47 foot trawler that is exploring the southern tip of South America.  The story is very interesting.  I doubt that Cheryl and I will ever get that far down…but it’s pleasant thinking about it.

Part of the process of creating automata is having what you need at hand.  I’ve spent thousands of dollars and about three years building adequate stock.  It’s paying off.  I am able to create much faster than I used to be able to.  Not that speed is the goal…it’s not.  What I mean is that there is less stopping to wait for something.  I’ve got a spread sheet that I utilize for keeping track of inventory and parts orders.  The spreadsheet helps a lot.

Sorry that the image does not have more detail.  The detail is hard to photograph in a manner that makes sense.  What you should notice is that the Drive Frame (the lower part) is filling up.

 

Four of the six motions are now linked to the campak.