20 May 2019: New Drive Frame
Big Wheel Lift #1


As I have been adding components into the Big Wheel Lift drive frame I’ve run into a clearance problem between the lever cam followers and the pedestal drive belt.  To fix this problem I’ve been tweaking and adjusting things…but that has not been enough.  So, I’m biting the bullet and relocating the Big Wheel Idler Cluster, which means that I’ve got to re-create the drive frames.  This is an image of the new drive frame in the scroll saw, almost completed.  Sometimes doing it the ‘long way’ is the right way…and I want my creations to be right.  I want to be at peace with each one…knowing that I’ve done my best.  The Big Wheel Lift Project Sheet is here.

A Sunday Drive remains on my workbench as priority 2.  I’ve got all the little body parts dismembered and am letting them tell me how they want to move.

I live near San Diego, California.  The climate is defined as Mediterranean.  The usual cycle is rainy winters and drought summers, with an average rainfall here of about 14″.  We are at 21″ so far for this season…with more rain on the way…very unusual.  The native vegetation is loving all of this rain.  Everything seems very healthy and green.  Sooner or later the rains will stop…and then we will start worrying about fire.  Someday my wife and I will live somewhere that has more water and less fire.  Someday.

 

Big Wheel Lift #1 Drive Frame, version 2 is in the process of being created.