Located in Escondido, California, James Coffee Studios is a small veteran owned business which is operated by Jim and his wife Cheryl.
James Coffee Studios specialties include laser engraving, photography, and graphic art and design.
We have narrowed our laser engraving business to ‘just wooden name tags’. We have a strong base of customers and are not accepting new customers at this time.
Primarily the photography done at James Coffee Studios is for the pleasure and enjoyment of Jim and Cheryl.
The San Dieguito River Park: We are active supporters of the San Dieguito River Park and the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy. Many of the photographs in recent years (40,000+) have been captured within the park boundaries.
Panoramas: Panoramas are a passion. Jim has been stitching panoramas since about 2001. Lush with detail, we recommend that these beautiful images be printed onto aluminum. A catalog of panoramic images can be found here.
Print Exchange: The photography world is changing rapidly with the primary recent change being two part:
- Digital image capture now dominates. Film is largely a thing of the past. The capability of digital cameras exceeds those of film cameras, but more importantly most smart phones are equipped with very good cameras (considering that most image display is electronic).
- Electronic display now dominates. In the past images needed to be printed onto paper. Now most images are viewed on an electronic screen of some kind
Jim has been participating in the monthly exchange of Black and White prints. The process is simple:
- As many as 12 photographers/printers send prints to the print repackager.
- The repackager collates all of the prints, repackages them, and mails the set back to each of the participating photographers.
- Each participant thus receives as many as 12 beautifully printed prints (from many different printers, using many different inks, on many different papers) in return.
If you would like more information either contact Jim or visit the Black and White Print Exchange website.
Graphic Art and Design
Working primarily with 48Hour Print, Lulu, Blurb, Lightroom and Photoshop CC Jim creates business cards, pamphlets, brochures, booklets and books.
Jim recently created a 20 pipe street organ with which he performs at Balboa Park, on the San Diego waterfront, and at other smaller venues.